[42] Later that same day it was confirmed that Diogo Amado had left the club to join Estoril Praia on an undisclosed fee. With five minutes to go until half-time Sheffield Wednesday were awarded a free-kick around thirty yards from goal which Miguel Llera stood up and curled the ball into the bottom corner to leave the scores level at half-time, although Wednesday will have been wondering how they had come in at the break on level terms at all.

Wide-midfielder Danny Pugh then also joined on loan until the end of the season from fellow Championship side Leeds United. Another big game as Peterborough were on the same number of points as Wednesday, however a place above them and sat just outside the relegation-zone. It left the Owls four-points from safety, like several other teams, with just two games to go.[115]. Wednesday kept plenty of the ball in the second half, but were unable to create any chances, with the only key chance of Miguel Llera's header going high over the bar. Blackpool meanwhile hit the bar before doubling their lead due to more clever work on the flank, this time by Tom Ince and his ball into the box was met by Ludovic Sylvestre who tapped the ball into the net.

[88] On 17 January the second departure of the January transfer window was Daniel Jones. It was a great relief to Sheffield Wednesday to finally get their hands on a proven goal scoring striker.

[49] With eight-minutes to go until the transfer window shuts Sheffield Wednesday confirmed the signing of central defender Martin Taylor from Watford.

[41], On the day of the last game of the month, against Fulham in the second round of the League Cup, Wednesday confirmed that midfielder David Prutton had joined Scunthorpe United on a three-month loan deal.

Danny Pugh made a great clearance after a cross, but then at the other end Giles Coke forced a good save out of the opposition goalkeeper to keep the scores level. [77], A week after the loss against relegation rivals Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday faced another relegation rival, but this time also local rival as they travelled to Barnsley. Soon the best chance of the game so far came when Sheffield Wednesday's corner was whipped to the far post and Anthony Gardner somehow headed wide when it was just a simple tap in.

Sheffield Wednesday's misery was not over and ex-Sheffield United player Mark Yeates scored to put the game beyond doubt. Then the first arrival of the January transfer window for Wednesday was announced when Leroy Lita joined on loan until the end of the season from Swansea City. [55] Later that same week Wednesday were in action again at home, this time against recently relegated Premier League side Bolton Wanderers.

In the dying few minutes a long ball forward by Chris Kirkland bounced into the box where a Bristol City defender handled the ball. Half the fixtures of the first round took place that weekend, while others on the Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week. The first major chance in the second half was created by Jermaine Johnson who dribbled in and out of several defender's and could not find either the net or Giles Coke at the far post. The Owls continued to remain comfortable and with ten-minutes to go Michail Antonio rounded the goalkeeper and made it 03. A corner came back out to Colin Kazim-Richards, who whipped a ball into the box which was met by Scott Dann who headed home to put the scores back level again.

As one loanee went back, another loan was extended. Grant McCann stepped up and curled the ball around the wall and it hit the inside of the postand went in. The referee missed this and the game continued goalless, until finally just before half-time the break through came. [19] One day later Sheffield Wednesday made their sixth signing of the summer by signing Portugal U-21 midfielder Diogo Amado. It was the first chance of the game, a chance that was scored. It was Ipswich who had the first chance of the game when a corner was whipped in and headed down at the far post to see Danny Pugh fortunately being able to clear off the line. There was six-minutes added time and in the second Jacob Mellis volleyed a ball into the far-corner to give Barnsley a chance of gaining something from the game.

But, with just four-minutes to go plus stoppage-time Gary Madine was penalised in his own box for a handball and another penalty was given to Bristol City. The signing of Lee had been expected to be confirmed at any time within the last two weeks after an Oldham Athletic member of staff confirmed that they could not compete with a club of Sheffield Wednesday's position and stature. However, it was not a great anniversary 'off-the-field' as an exclusive article on the front page of the national newspaper The Sun talked about Dave Jones' personal life, and how he had been having an affair with a well-known netball player. and Stocksbridge Park Steels, Sheffield Wednesday confirmed their seventh summer signing. This left Sheffield Wednesday just one-point and place above the relegation zone with two massive games coming up, against Barnsley and Bristol City. Five changes were made by the Owls from the side that won against Barnsley, one of which was Steve Howard, who with ten minutes to go before half-time flicked on a ball which Jermaine Johnson just got to before the defender and found himself through on-goal, Jermaine Johnson cleverly went around the goalkeeper and passed the ball into the back of the net to give the Owls a vital lead. [97], The day before the home game against Derby County, and just after the emergency loan window had re-opened, it was confirmed that Sheffield Wednesday had signed another forward on loan. Wednesday's early attacking pressure soon paid off with just nine-minutes gone. Sheffield Wednesday were knocked out of the 201213 FA Cup at the Round 3 Replay stage, being knocked out by lower league opposition.

Then with fifteen-minutes to go a late challenge by Danny Pugh, which analysts believe the referee to have opted the right punishment of a yellow card, caused disagreements and a scuffle on the touchline between coaching staff of both clubs. [74], December saw the first time in the season for Sheffield Wednesday that they were to play on a Sunday. Jameson had only ever made two appearances for the club, both against Milton Keynes Dons. Penik is a winger who had played in the 2010 FIFA World Cup two-years previously.

Into the second half and substitute Reuben Noble-Lazarus had a long-distance shot very well saved by Chris Kirkland. Into the second half and Leroy Lita came close before great work by Brighton substitute Craig Mackail-Smith, along with a poor clearance, saw a strike by Andrea Orlandi smash the back of the net to make the score 21. [20], Pre-season training finally started in the week-commencing 9 July, and the day before their first two pre-season friendlies against Sheffield F.C. However, wingers Jrmy Hlan and Michail Antonio both did come close for Wednesday. Sheffield Wednesday then started to play as their form suggested and although Leroy Lita hit a volley over the bar, a corner saw Michail Antonio score from close range although it was firstly thought that it was Leroy Lita. [27] Back to the transfer market and the Owls revealed the new signing of Rhys McCabe on a free transfer after deciding not to join the new-co Rangers. It is expected that the Owls have the option to buy Rodri on a permanent basis at the end of the season. However, Brighton soon went back to dominating the game and within ten minutes of the restart they scored again through top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith and four minutes later a good move saw Will Buckley to score and finish Wednesday off.

Dave Jones commented in hoping to bring in at least two players, while also expecting departures from the club. Meanwhile, Cardiff City went back to the top of the league. Pugh took on two-players before firing a shot into the side netting.

[39] Rodri made his debut for Wednesday just the next day when he started in the first home tie of the campaign against Birmingham City. [36] The day before the first league game of the season Wednesday signed young Preston North End midfielder Danny Mayor on a three-year contract. However, replays show this was most certainly not the case.

Seconds later MK Dons should have had another penalty, but it was not given, after Martin Taylor appeared to foul his man in the box. [22] With a number of midfielder's in the Sheffield Wednesday squad Dave Jones decided to off-load promising youngster Liam Palmer on-loan to League One club Tranmere Rovers for a total of six-months. Then on the seventy-sixth minute last season's loanee Ben Marshall cut inside and curled a delightful effort with his left-foot into the far corner to confirm Leicester City's victory. [53] Later that same Friday Wednesday played away to Brighton & Hove Albion.

After Rda Johnson put the Owls ahead due to a mistake from England goalkeeper Jack Butland, Rodri scored on his debut, after a brilliant solo effort. Treacy made a huge impact to the game as Burnley started to take control of the game, it was his goal that gave the away team the lead. Half-time was then called after an entertaining first half.

The game was fairly even for the rest of the match although Sheffield Wednesday did continue to create more chances. As the minutes ticked on it was not at all a comfortable ride for Cardiff City as Wednesday had attack after attack and goalkeeper Chris Kirkland came close after coming up for a last-minute corner. However, what was a fairly weaker Wednesday side, scored two late goals as Marlon Harewood grabbed his hat-trick, in hope to persuade manager Dave Jones to offer him a contract. Goalkeeper's Nicky Weaver and Arron Jameson were not assigned numbers; Jameson had recently re-signed and it was thought the future of Weaver at the club was uncertain. Jermaine Johnson pulled one back and then substitute Chris O'Grady nine-minutes later equalised.

Burton had only been in the assistant manager role since March, after joining Wednesday just after manager Dave Jones. Soon after a bobble on the edge of the area saw Millwall and ex-Sheffield United player Rob Hulse through on goal but Kirkland prevented him from dribbling the ball around him. This would be followed by another home fixture against Millwall the following weekend. Both teams matched each other for the rest of the half and it remained level at the break. The game finished and Wolves had somehow managed to hang on for the draw. After this Steve Davies also found himself through on goal at the other end for Bristol City, he hit the post but the chance had been waved for offside anyway. The player was not sent off however after Jay Bothroyd has just taken a poor touch in which may not have been a clear goal scoring opportunity. It could have been at least three or four goals for Sheffield Wednesday by half-time and they should have scored the third early in the second half as a back pass by Middlesbrough went straight to Leroy Lita whose shot was saved well by the opposing goalkeeper. At the other end and a free-kick from Wednesday saw Martin Taylor's header hit one of his own players to guide the ball just wide of the post. Less than a minute later though Chris O'Grady had equalised for the Owls with Michail Antonio assisting.

However, just three minutes later and after a mistake by new-signing and captain Martin Taylor, Mark Davies curled a shot into the top corner of the goal, which saw Bolton Wanderers win the game 12. [100] The second game of the week then came back at Hillsborough Stadium as Sheffield Wednesday faced Crystal Palace, one of several particularly tough fixtures coming up for the Owls. It is being asked how they were able to enter the pitch, but the stewards and police were busy trying to handle fans in the corner from entering the Sheffield Wednesday stand. The defender made eleven appearances this season, while overall making sixty-two appearances since joining in the summer of 2010. Hillsborough Stadium was the location of the clash against Milton Keynes Dons, and a game with very few chances saw Mamady Sidib's header and Michail Antonio's deflected shot being the best chances of the first half. Michail Antonio come close with a long-range effort before the break, but it was Derby County who went into half-time a goal up. However, replays also showed that this goal should not have been given due to offside.

[15] With June coming to a close it was time for players who had been offered contracts to either agree terms or look to play elsewhere. Both teams were cancelling out each other well, and when the ball was punted up field and flicked on by Jrmy Hlan, Jermaine Johnson's pace beat the opposition defender to the ball, and hooked it over the on-rushing keeper to put Wednesday a goal up. [11] Meanwhile, as well as the league fixtures being announced Sheffield Wednesday confirmed their final pre-season friendly, this was announced to be against Sporting Lisbon on 22 July while on tour in Portugal. It is rumoured that Wednesday had attempted to bring the player in earlier on in the season, but now Sunderland have brought an extra striker in during the transfer window, meaning it was now possible to sign him. In arguably the biggest game of the season, Sheffield Wednesday travelled to face Peterborough United in a late kick-off in front of the live Sky Sports television camera's. Nottingham Forest continued to dominate before half-time and Chris Kirkland was forced into making one fine save, before Simon Cox also went close. A minute after the goal, Joel Lynch saw a straight red card, after a challenge on Michail Antonio. Wednesday 12 September 2012, saw the eagerly anticipated release of over 400,000 pages of official documents from the Hillsborough Independent Panel, in relation to the Hillsborough disaster. The game ended in a goalless draw with Wednesday moving up another place in the league. Bristol City then settled into the game and after a key spell from them they were given a penalty as a ball was whipped in the box and Miguel Llera went to kick the ball clear, but unintentionally kicked the man who ran in front of him. However, as the camera's concentrated on the celebrations, Hull City were suddenly attacking, the referee had not given the goal. [84] At the end of the week came Sheffield Wednesday's FA Cup campaign start, with the team entering at Round 3. [81], The last game of what is seen as a successful 2012 for Sheffield Wednesday, despite being in the bottom four of the league, came away to Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town. The game was against Crystal Palace and the last time the two teams met it was in the dramatic relegation 'play-off' on the last day of the 20092010 season.

The second half started with Forestieri going close for Watford, and neither team could gain control in the game.

Two-minutes into the second half and a mistake by a Derby defender saw Michail Antonio given a great opportunity to equalise, however he blasted the ball over the bar. The third game in six days came away to Middlesbrough, live on Sky Sports on a Friday night.

The game kicked off and almost immediately Palace scored through Glenn Murray within the first minute, and although the Owls hit the woodwork they went into the break a goal down. David Prutton also went close in that half, but the main talking point was when the referee appeared to show Jrmy Hlan a second yellow card, but did not send the player off. [71] The other loan capturing was Mamady Sidib, from Stoke City, with the striker also coming on loan for a month. Then just one-minute later a high ball into the Wednesday box saw Miguel Llera foul ex-Sheffield United player Jamie Ward, who then stepped up and put Derby two goals up with a penalty.

A free-kick for the Owls then saw a scramble in the box that fell sweetly for Jrmy Hlan to volley, but Peterborough were putting their bodies on the line to block the shot.